If you have been struggling with the same old AC unit for the past couple of years, you may expect an AC installation to solve all your problems. However, if you aren’t aware and careful, you could start your new AC experience off on a bad foot.
Efficient Systems wants your AC replacement to go flawlessly, providing you with a fresh and steady source of cool air for many years to come. That’s why we want you to trust our quality Beaumont AC services. We’ve been around the block a time or two, so we know every installation pitfall that amateur installers fall into. Let us help you avoid these common AC installation problems!
Improper Duct Size
You may not realize that your air ducts play such an important role in your air delivery system until there’s a problem. If your system is installed with inadequate ducts – either in size or sealing – you can start experiencing airflow problems pretty quickly.
You may notice low airflow from your vents or inconsistent flow between different rooms. You may also be unaware that large amounts of air are leaking through the weak seals. This can cost you enormous amounts of money and comfort.
No matter what, professional installers know how to properly size the ducts you need and make sure your cold air travels exactly where it needs to.
Outdoor Unit Installation Mistakes
- Position: It may seem desirable to place your outdoor unit on the far West side of your home where no one can see it, but your HVAC technicians should know better. With the full sun glaring down on your unit for a good part of the day, it may experience a reduction in efficiency.
- Visibility: In an effort to hide that rather large unit from your visitors’ eyes, you may also try to surround your new unit with shrubbery. While we understand the desire to camouflage the unit, your system needs two feet or space around it to properly suck and vent air. If there’s a risk of branches, leaves or other natural debris impacting the unit, they should be moved.
- Load calculation: A professional AC specialist can help you determine your heating load – or how much power you need to cool your home. You need an accurate read on your cooling needs before you buy your new unit!
- Size: The load calculation allows you to choose the most appropriately sized unit for your space. This can save you money, discomfort and stress down the road from a unit that can’t perform as you need it to.
- Kind: You may need help determining which kind of AC unit works best in your home. Maybe a ductless unit is best or a heat pump is more versatile – that’s what our team is for!
Another common mistake is placing the AC thermostat too close to other appliances or lights. If there is heat or light on the thermostat for long periods of time, its sensors can be thrown off. Our team knows how to pick the perfect place in your home that is both accessible and protected.
Beaumont Air Conditioning Installation
When you need experts to help you through this AC replacement or installation, you know who you can count on. Efficient Systems is the team for you. We are dedicated to our community and will always get the job done right for you! Contact us today!