Texas summers can be brutal, the heat and humidity are a lot to deal with. Summers get even more difficult when you get the energy bill. Even though central air can be a necessity for us Texans, there are ways to improve your energy usage. Thankfully, Efficient Systems is here to offer you some energy-saving tips!
Use Your Air Conditioner Thoughtfully
- Invest in an energy-efficient HVAC system. This one may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s one of the best ways to save money on your bill. The top energy-efficient system depends on your home’s needs, but a professional HVAC company can help you choose the best system for your home.
- Install a smart thermostat. Use a smart thermostat to keep your AC running on a smart pattern. While you need your home’s temperature to be comfortable while at home (around 78℉), you can bump it up while you leave. By keeping your “away” temperature to 80℉ and above, you can save on your cooling bill!
- Leave your vents open. Leaving your air vents open optimizes your cooling system’s efficiency. Try to minimize how many vents you close to prevent a pressure imbalance. Keep closed vents to less than 10% of your conditioned zone.
- Set the AC fan to “automatic.” Keeping your fan “on” keeps its motor running even when the unit isn’t cooling. By setting the fan to auto, you could save $15-$25 on your monthly energy bill!
Keep Up On AC Maintenance
- Change the filters regularly. Dirty air filters force your air conditioning unit to work harder. Delaying filter changes can also decrease the lifespan of your unit. Most filters last about 2 months, so mark your calendar for a replacement reminder!
- Get an annual AC tune-up. Texas summers are hard on your cooling unit thanks to the extreme heat and humidity. Get an AC tune-up to make sure you aren’t left without air conditioning in the triple-digit weather! Getting a professional maintenance check will make sure that your air conditioner is running in tip-top shape.
- Get a professional air duct inspection. Energy Star reports that 20-30% of the air moving through a home’s ducts gets lost because of ill-fitting ducts or holes. Getting a professional ductwork check can identify any issues with your ducts that are causing you to lose air and money!
- Get an AC replacement when it’s time. It’s always hard to commit to purchasing a new appliance. But when you notice rising energy bills, your unit needing constant repairs or your home’s cooling is less consistent, it may be time for a replacement. You can choose a professional HVAC installation company with Ironclad Guarantees to ensure that you get the best out of your new system.
Let Your Home Rest During Vacation
- Close all windows and drapes. Close all of your blinds before leaving. This way, you can prevent the sun from heating up your home while you’re away.
- Unplug all of your devices. Except for security systems or devices, make sure to unplug any chargers, computers, TVs or alarm clocks. This can not only save you money on your energy bill but also extend the life of your devices!
- Turn off all lights and ceiling fans. You won’t be home to enjoy the light or coolness of your home, so why waste energy on it? If you want lights on for security purposes, you can use a timer to control them on a schedule.
Energy Efficiency Tip Roundup
From closing your windows to installing a smart thermostat, there are plenty of ways to boost the energy efficiency of your HVAC system! To save on energy bills, there are a few basic tips you can follow:
- Keep up on HVAC maintenance. This includes professional tune-ups and at-home care. Have your air ducts inspected and keep up on air filter replacements.
- Be thoughtful with your AC usage. Use a smart thermostat and set your “away” temperature a few degrees higher than your “at home” temperature. You should also leave your vents open and keep your air conditioner’s fan set to automatic.
- Let your home rest while you’re away. You can do this by turning off all of your lights and ceiling fans when you leave, as well as closing all of your windows and drapes. An extra tip you can try is unplugging any devices from your outlets to save a little extra on your energy bill.
With these tips, you can extend the life of your air conditioner and improve your energy efficiency. The savings that come with these habits will make them worth your while!
The Best HVAC Maintenance Team In Beaumont
Whether it’s time to replace your old AC unit or you just need a tune-up, Efficient Systems is here to help! We offer a wide range of HVAC services in Beaumont to Southeast Texas homeowners. Whether you need a new heat pump, a ductless air conditioner or an emergency service, we have you covered!
Since 1979, Efficient Systems has been providing Southeast Texas with premium HVAC services to protect their homes and businesses. Thanks to our various Ironclad Guarantees, we make sure that our customers are pleased with our services and installations. We even offer a Shield of Protection maintenance program for your HVAC system!
Call us today for more information and to speak to our friendly team!